For Immediate Release; 02 October 2022 Houghton; Johannesburg
The month of October marks OR Tambo Month, a period during which OR Tambo School set itself the mission to commemorate its namesake, President Oliver Reginald Kaizana Tambo. With the primary object of promoting an improved understanding of who and what President OR Tambo represents, political education material which can be further utilised across organisations and localities will be shared.
At the core of this year’s offerings will be an attempt to improve thinking around organisational renewal as well as societal transformation. This approach is also intended to respond to current popular discourse across the Mass Democratic Movement and society. It will seek to identify lessons that can be learned through President OR Tambo’s lived experiences and outlook as we grapple with today’s vexing challenges.
More specifically, planned activities include: –
- Weekly Infographics that will highlight various aspects of President OR Tambo’s life under thematic areas outlined below:
– Week 1: Tambo The Activist
– Week 2: Tambo The President
– Week 3: Tambo on the National Question
– Week 4: Tambo The Educationalist
- Weekly thematic Umrabulo Dialogues aligned to thematic areas of the infographics above.
- OR Tambo School Book Club dialogue set for 29th October 2022 in the Free State province which will review the book Oliver Tambo Speaks by Adelaide Tambo
Members of the Mass Democratic Movement and the broader public are invited to participate in all the stated activities.
Issued by the OR Tambo School of Leadership
For comment and any other enquiries please contact:
- JP Louw on 066 056 0911 or e-mail email@example.com;
- Olivia Shihambe on 083 519 1327 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org